The M.A. degree in philosophy is designed to develop an advanced understanding of philosophical problems, especially those in contemporary analytic philosophy and the history of philosophy. It provides students with an understanding of key philosophical debates and problems, and encourages them to develop and defend their own argumentative position. Coursework will often have an interdisciplinary character. Many courses will explore the impact of empirical and theoretical developments in other disciplines on contemporary philosophical debates.
- This is a two year masters that includes coursework and a thesis. The language of instruction for all courses is English.
- Successful applicants will be eligible to receive a comprehensive scholarship (tuition waiver, accommodation and stipend).
- Up to five successful applicants will have the opportunity to spend a semester at Australian National University.
- The philosophy department at Bilkent is ranked #1 in Turkey for research. Our research focuses on central areas of analytic philosophy: metaphysics and philosophy of mind, and social and political philosophy. We also have strengths in the history of philosophy.
- Applicants from all disciplines are encouraged to apply. We also warmly welcome applications from international students.
For a detailed description of the curriculum see the Online Catalog.
Phone: +90-312-290 1072/3348